Same problem, new company

 March 29, 2023


You would think not much could surprise me anymore but sadly, no.  

On Feb. 27th, I took Julian to Frazier which is surrounded by University of Louisville hospitals.  They have a valet company to park patient cars.  I have been using them daily while in Kentucky since last June.  This day they return the car to Julian and I with a huge dent on the driver side.  I pointed it out to the valet and the valet manager was called that we have been very know to for the past 8 months.  He was very nice and apologetic.  He stated that the company had paperwork to fill out to file an incident report.  The paper was filled out and I retained a copy.  

Several days later, I get a call from Travelers insurance company to follow up with the incident report.  I stated that the car was returned with dents.  Stated it was at hospital which I am sure had video evidence if needed of the wreck while parking.  The rep stated that she needed to contact the parking company to "verify coverage" and she would be in contact.  Chris and I continued to email over the month with pictures and information from the valet attendant.  When I had not heard back in a little I emailed to ask for an update.  The response back still baffles me.  She stated that she was unable to get in contact with the company so the case has been closed since they could not confirm liability.  So, moral of the story:  I did not file a police report which is a lesson learned.  And a big new shocker is if you just ignore  a call and letter than you can get out of your responsibility.  I'm sure if the table was turned that would not be the case.  I thanked the rep for checking a box to take care of this matter for us.  Again, no one cares for each other.  The parking company and Travelers get out of taking care of a matter that happened under their care.  

So, once again.  It falls on Chris and I.  We were told we could file a claim with our insurance company and then have Statefarm try to get their money back in a separate claim.  We have to pay our deductable and Statefarm has to pay for something that they shouldn't have to.  


Shame on Travelers insurance company.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grief

2 YEARS

Birthdays